All Full, Associate and Worldwide Members must sign up to and abide by our Rules of Conduct. When members are sent their renewals for membership each year, they are required to re-affirm their acceptance of the Rules of Conduct.
If an allegation is made that a rule has been broken, the process is as follows:
A disciplinary group will be formed from members of the EuRA Council not operating in the same country as the member being investigated.
The member under investigation may be requested to make representation to the disciplinary group.
The disciplinary group will decide whether or not a rule has been broken and will report their findings to the EuRA Council.
Where a rule has been broken and it is not rectified within a specified time, the EuRA Council have the power to suspend or terminate membership of the Association. The decision of the EuRA Council is final.
Rules of Conduct June 2010
1. Every member shall abide by the objectives and rules of the Association.
2. Members will abide by the legislation of their home country.
3. A member shall not seek business or conduct business by improper or illegal means.
4. Members will always work in the best interest of the clients by whom they are retained.
5. Members must not bring the European Relocation Association into disrepute.
6. Members will not misrepresent themselves, or the services they offer, or any subject property, or the European Relocation Association.
7. Members will not accept instructions from clients whose requirements cannot possibly be met.
8. Members will maintain regular client contact to keep their clients informed as to progress, lack of progress and action that has been taken.
9. Any interest in a subject property must be declared to a client from the beginning.
10. Members will ensure that each client is aware of the terms and conditions upon which the services are being supplied.
11. All members will indemnify and hold harmless the European Relocation Association against any claims arising from their activities.
12. When holding clients' monies, members will hold such monies in a designated and regulated bank account and will maintain clear records of that account.
13. Members shall not misrepresent their class of membership nor will they claim membership when their membership has ceased.
14. Members will accept that any alleged breach of the rules of conduct will be investigated by a Disciplinary Committee. Decisions made by a Disciplinary Committee are binding.
15. Members will treat all information supplied by clients and customers in confidence.
16. Members will not act as selling or letting agents.
17. Members may not accept any commissions without the agreement of the client.